Pages

29 May 2013

Handmade Stationary

Well, I don't know if this could be called "handmade" since it was made with a computer and a printer, but I didn't buy it so that's what I'm going to call it.

I really love using Adobe Illustrator. In a previous post, I showed you the first repeating pattern I made (which you can also see in the blog background (I used a teal version on the previous wordpress blog) as well as in the logo up top). For this stationary, I used the same floral elements I used in my first pattern. If you like them you can get them by signing up for the Roost Tribe, a community for creatives started by Bonnie of goinghometoroost.com.

This is how I learned how to make this stationary, a repeating pattern, and a lot more illustrator techniques. I tried out Lynda.com, but I'm the type of person who learns by just figuring it out along the way (instructions rarely get used by me). The tutorials from the Roost Tribe just help fill in the blanks.

This pattern is pretty much the same as the previous one. I just used a couple different flowers and a different background color.


This is a screen capture of  the layout of the pattern and the finished design of the stationary.


And this is the finished printed product. It'd be nicer, but cheap printer and an iPhone picture don't make for editorial quality.

I just love being able to do some simple actions on the computer and a little while later have something tangible. I love making things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment